When the hot season comes, we all need some easy summer meals to prepare quickly. But we want them to be healthy and tasty, too, of course.
For example, on the blog you can find several recipes that comes together in 10 to 20 minutes. There are several gluten free, vegetarian and paleo options.
Some ideas for your easy summer meals:
- Raw melon carpaccio: a savory twist for the sweetest fruit. Slice your melon, season and IT’S READY! CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
- Two ingredients buckwehat wraps: ready in 5 minutes, they can be filled with everything you want! CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
- Salmon, cabbage and mango salad: it sounds weird, it tastes wonderfully. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
- Quick and easy salmon stir fry noodles: CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
- Squid salad: perfect for a dinner with friends, everyone will love this seafood salad. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
- Healthy mackerel pasta: perfect to use all those canned mackerel in your kitchen drawer. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
Moreover, I would like to give you some additional easy ideas to keep in mind for your summer meals. Some more options here following:
A fresh and filling salad dish from the south of France (city of Nice > Niçoise), perfect for an easy summer meal. The amount of ingredients are totally up to you: decide based on what you like the most or what you have in the fridge.
Put together steamed green beans (1 handful per person), steamed potatoes (1 per person), canned tuna, hard boiled eggs (1/2 per person), olives and chopped anchovies. Mix well and season with some more oil (only if necessary, both the tuna and the anchovies come with already a good amount of oil).
Vegetables braise with mozzarella (or burrata)
This vegetarian and healthy recipe is very simple and takes only the time to prepare the vegetables. I like to use fresh peas, artichokes, and spinach. But you can also use zucchini, green beans, Brussels sprouts, kale.
Braise a fresh onion chopped fine with a little drizzle of oil on low heat, then add all the vegetables chopped in small pieces. Braise for 10-15 minutes, adding a little water if too dry. At last, add some fresh basil leaves. Season with salt and peppers.
Serve with a mozzarella or burrata in the middle for an explosion of summer taste. Likewise, sub with a vegan feta to keep it dairy/lactose free and vegan.
(But if you want a more detailed recipe, if you can follow this one)
The ideal easy summer meal: a big salad
Above all, who said salads have to be boring? The trick here is to mix different taste and texture. Start with some red/green leaves and other veggies like tomatoes, cucumber or grated carrots. Add some proteins: feta cheese, ham cubes or cooked chickpeas for example. Complete with a crunchy touch: walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds… Season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and lemon juice. Most importantly, pair this with some sourdough bread for a complete and balanced summer meal.
Follow me on Pinterest to see all the recipes I find for some more easy summer meals!